I dear clipboard walls. So much so that in an effort to have a perfectly spaced clipboard wall, I moved the thermostat about five inches downwards. Information technology left backside a sizeable hole, only I didn't mind because I knew I was covering it up with a clipboard. That was then.

Now, I'm ready for something new and I'm prepare to repair the hole. Because patching drywall is a big hurting, I honestly avoided it until I heard nearly the DAP Eclipse Rapid Wall Repair Patch.

Read on for my honest and unsponsored review.

What Is the DAP Eclipse Rapid Wall Repair Patch?

The Eclipse patch is ultimately a sticker that you identify over your small to medium-sized hole in your drywall. The idea is that with but two coats of paint over the patch, the patch magically blends into your wall, making it undetectable.

How the DAP Eclipse Rapid Wall Repair Patch Works

Determine Hole Size

The Eclipse Patch comes in 3 different sizes:

  • 2" roofing holes upwardly to i" in bore
  • iv" covering holes up to 2" in diameter
  • half-dozen" roofing holes up to three" in bore

If your wall repair is whatever larger than these sizes, y'all'll need a to go the traditional route of patching drywall.

Sand and Prep

Equally for any habitation project, prepping your space is key. The Eclipse Patch will cover holes, aye, merely as a thin sticker, it'll still show imperfections on your wall. Brand sure you fully sand and smooth over areas around the hole with spackle if y'all need to. Wipe away whatever debris from sanding.

150 grit sandpaper

Full disclosure: I missed this step – I didn't realize how uneven the surrounding paint was. I've patched I've gone back and spackled, just you can still see it in pictures.

Place and Paint

Remove the patch from the backing and eye it over the hole.

Firmly smoothen it out.

So paint over the area with a paint roller (the coverage isn't every bit neat with only a castor).

Remove Tab

Once the first layer of paint is dry out to the bear on the surrounding drywall (typically about an hour or so), pull the tab off and so the elevation layer of the sticker has been removed.

Paint over the exposed sticker. Because I was using very white paint, I had to pigment over the patch three-4 times to get full coverage.

Once the paint dries, yous're washed!

Honest Review of the DAP Eclipse Rapid Wall Repair Patch

The Eclipse Patch is a great solution if you're looking for something quick and piece of cake and the hole isn't at eye level.

Information technology's not the best solution if you're looking for a professional-looking patch task.

Paint can do some amazing things, simply it tin't polish over the texture of a sticker. Up close, within 5 anxiety or and so, I can see the outlines of the Eclipse Patch.

If you need a perfect repair, using a patch repair kit like the 3M Loftier Strength Pocket-size Hole Repair Kit is your ideal solution. Yes, there'southward feathering involved and spackle sanding, but the results are worthwhile. And to be completely honest, I program to utilize spackle to hibernate the edges of my DAP Eclipse Rapide Wall Repair Patch.

Recap

While the DAP Eclipse Rapid Wall Repair Patch checks a lot of boxes for newbie DIYers, information technology doesn't replace the standard, run-of-the-mill drywall patch job.